This course will get attendees jump-started with containers.
Durée: 1 day
For now, class content is in English only. In private, the class can be taught in either French or English.
Pour le moment, le contenu de la formation est exclusivement en anglais. En privé, la formation peut être offerte en français ou en anglais.
Available Autumn 2018 / Disponible à l'automne 2018
This course will get attendees jump-started with containers. The course will explain what containers are and the major use cases, with a focus on microservices. After an introductory talk, the majority of the course will be a series of instructor-led exercises designed to guide attendees through the basics of developing and deploying a container-based application.
- Basic understanding of what a container is, and what it can be used for
- How to build and distribute Docker images
- Understand how state is handled in Docker
- How to build a productive development workflow with Docker
- Basic knowledge of the technology underpinning Docker
- Can explain why Docker has become popular and what it’s used for
- Using containers
- Building container images
- Working with Docker registries
- Deploying a containerized system
- Handling state with containers (Data persistence)
- The underlying technology in Docker
- The reasons behind Docker’s popularity
- Format : Workshop (hands-on)
- Experience Level: Beginner
- Relevant Roles: Developer, SysAdmin
- Who should attend: Anyone who wishes to gain hands-on experience developing and deploying a container-based application.
- WiFi-enabled laptop
- Access to a Docker engine. This is normally via ssh into a pre-provisioned VM, but play-with-docker.com also works. Using a local Docker install is possible but discouraged as it’s hard to debug and puts a greater demand on wifi for downloading images.